The American Marketing Association (AMA) is a group of dedicated professionals striving to be the most relevant force and voice shaping marketing around the world. A non-profit with over 30,000 members, the AMA offers a place for dedicated professionals who work, teach, and study in the field to come together to pursue advancements within the industry.
Within the organizations’ development team, I serve as the lead WordPress developer, translating the technical vision of the Solution Architect into functional features within the AMA website. My responsibilities include the development of object-orientated programming, continuous integration, and functional testing, troubleshooting bugs and performance issues, implementation of third-party APIs, documentation, and training.
- Implementing Object Oriented Programming (OOP) solutions in AMA’s WordPress Platform
- Executing functional testing and documenting solutions through the lifespan of the implementation
- Ensuring solutions are implemented for scaling, maintenance specifications and standards
- Completing other special projects as assigned.
Examples of Daily Tasks
- Custom Gutenberg blocks
- Core block extensions
- Custom post types and taxonomy
- Extensive use of Advanced Custom Fields
- Admin panel options
- Repeater field tabs
- WooCommerce integration
- Datawall and Paywall setup
- WooCommerce customization
- Local LAMP setup and maintenance